Have you been a victim or a witness of a crime?
Are you a close relation of a victim?
Help exists. Don’t hesitate to contact us!
- Your age, gender identity or gender expression
- The nature and gravity of the crime
- When the crime occurred
- Whether the perpetrator has been identified
- Whether the victim has filed a complaint
The FREE and CONFIDENTIAL services offered by the CAVAC Network are for you!
Crime Victims Assistance Centres (CAVAC) are found in every region of Québec. There are more than 185 gateways giving you access to their professional caseworkers.
CAVACs are distinguished by their expertise in offering post-traumatic intervention and their privileged access to the legal network.
I need to be listened to, it has to come out!
I’m not myself anymore, I need help.
I need people to believe me.
I need to say what happened to me.
The police, the judicial process, it’s too big!
Words are important, they make a difference.
A criminal act can have various consequences specific to each person, whether they are a direct victim, a witness or a close relative, including:
- physical consequences (injuries, insomnia, change in appetite)
- psychological consequences (anxiety, fear, anger, nightmares)
- social consequences (isolation, mistrust, fear of going out)
- financial consequences (loss of income, taking medication, moving)
- spiritual consequences (loss of meaning of life, loss of trust)
We can help you !
Although destabilizing, these reactions are normal and may indicate the presence of post-traumatic shock.
Professional assistance can help you. Our workers are trained to assess your needs and intervene in order to reduce the consequences of the criminal act.
There is no such thing as a petty crime, so don’t hesitate to ask for help!
Do you want to know more about our activities?